Pharmaceutical & Medical Device
- Experience and sound knowledge of traditional microbiological methods.
- Must be proficient in aseptic technique, serial dilutions, quantitative enumeration of microorganisms, and preparation of test media.
- Must be proficient in microorganism culturing techniques.
- Must have working knowledge and experience with standard laboratory practices and sterile techniques that include: microscopes, autoclaves, electronic balances, pipettes, and incubation.
- Critical thinking skills appropriate for advanced problem-solving activities required.
- Maintains high standards of lab safety and health.
- GLP documentation experience strongly preferred.
- Records and maintains accurate test results and enters them into computer database.
- Must be capable of performing routine tasks in a self-directed manner.
- Desire to be part of a fast-paced dynamic research and development environment.
Routine Duties can include, but not limited to:
- Maintains microbiology laboratory.
- Preparation of bacterial and spore suspension.
- Responsible for bacterial and spore time kill studies.
- Responsible for microbial techniques such as gram staining, filtering, aseptic techniques, and evaluation of plates and test tubes for microbial growth.
- Performs Microbiological Analysis.
- Prepares and maintain culture media and solutions.
- Performs growth promotion testing of microbiological media.
- Ensures testing timelines are met.
- Assists in revising Standard Operating Procedures, as needed.
- Performs document reviews as required.
- Follows well-defined and established procedures and best practices.
- Performs other lab maintenance activities.
- Bachelors degree in Microbiology, Biology or related field.
- Ph.D. in Microbiology, Biology or related field preferred.
- 1-4 years of pharmaceutical microbiological testing or research and development experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a variety of microbiological concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be results oriented, a quick learner, and able to respond to the urgent needs of the team ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite.